Self Helper Forums

Find answers, ask questions, and help others in our community around the world.

Homepage Forums “Healthy Mindset” Toolkit Red Flag Discussion/Struggles Reply To: Red Flag Discussion/Struggles

• Michelle

February 28, 2023 at 12:13 am

Red flags pop up often throughout the course of my days. My mind works in absolutes, musts, and perfection so I am basically “seeing” red all day. If something doesn’t go how I think or feel it should have, I have a negative reaction. I’m frustrated that I am feeling these negative thoughts that I become more upset/negative/frustrated.

To begin to identify my red flags, I am going to start tracking red flags from my morning routine. I am not a morning person, I have a “preferred” routine, and a child and pets to care for by myself. I say “preferred” because in my mind, the routine I want “should” work. “Why” does something “always” occur that disrupts my routine and put me in a negative mood or “makes” me exhibit undesired behaviors (excessive frustration and anger in relation to the situation).

It is going to be a long list and take a lot of work. I’m interested to see where this course takes me.